Disease State Management Strategies I. Clinical Guidelines for Primary Care, 4th Edition, provides detailed medical and obstetrical care protocols, plus preventive healthcare standards by age and sex, with related patient education handouts and resource materials helpful for accreditation and to reduce variation while improving outcomes.
Each volume is provided in a loose-leaf format with an accompanying CD, and contians extensive references, resource materials, and related web sites listed for all guidelines. Disease State Management Strategies I. Clinical Guidelines for Primary Care, 4th Edition, provides valuable evidence-based tools for health plans and medical groups who wish to reduce variation in care and improve quality for primary care services. This product is updated as new, objective information becomes available.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Disease State Management Guidelines
- Medical Guidelines:
- Asthma, evaluation and management
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), evaluation and management
- Diabetes mellitus, evaluation and management
- Hypertension, evaluation and management
- Heart Failure, evaluation and management
- Preventive Health Care Guidelines:
- Prevention of coronary artery disease exercise, nutritional and drug treatment strategies
- Preventive health care/wellness guidelines for evaluation, by age and sex
- Smoking cessation, effective management options
- Hormone replacement therapy (adult female)
- Obstetrical Guidelines:
- Obstetrical length of stay, vaginal and cesarean deliveries
- Prevention of Preterm Delivery
Guidelines are reviewed and revised at least annually, or more frequently as new information becomes available. A relevant current literature reference list, a resource list, related web sites and patient education materials are appended to each guideline.
These are valuable tools for health plans or medical groups who wish to reduce the variation in care for these conditions and in preparation for NCQA, JCAHO or other accreditation surveys. Each purchasing organization must review and revise as appropriate prior to implementation.
Each volume is provided in a loose-leaf format with an accompanying CD for ease of reproduction, reformatting or making applicable revisions.
New disease state management clinical guidelines will be researched and written on request for any topic. Call for an estimate of the time required to research, write and edit a new clinical guideline or to review and provide a comment on any guideline developed by your medical group or organization. There is no charge for review and comment services by e-mail.