A statewide quality improvement project aimed at reducing avoidable emergency room visits among Medicaid patients in California created a unique partnership between L.A. Care Health Plan, the country's largest Medicaid managed care plan, and Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
Listen to pre-conference comments from Laura Linebach.
During Reducing Avoidable Medicaid ER Visits With a Community Partnership Approach, a 45-minute webinar on Wednesday, May 9th, at 1:30 p.m. Eastern, Laura Linebach, director of quality improvement at L.A. Care Health Plan, will share the inside details on how the health plan worked with the hospital to target avoidable ER use and results from the initiative. She will share:
- How to develop a win-win relationship between the health plan and the hospital that results in reduced ER visits;
- How to collaborate with organizations on a QI initiative in your community;
- 3 contributing causes of misuse of the emergency room for non-urgent avoidable visits;
- Using the quality improvement cycle, PDSA, to improve the continuity of care and reduce avoidable visits;
- The intervention developed by L.A. Care Health Plan and how it has evolved since first implemented, including an expansion of the targeted population and inclusion in the plan's physician bonus incentive program; and
- How the intervention helped the health plan meet NCQA standard for continuity of medical care.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can listen to this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings — no travel time or hassle; no hotel
expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to watch the program.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
CEOs, medical directors, disease management directors, managers and coordinators, case management executives, case managers, health plan executives, care management nurses, physician executives and business development and strategic planning directors.
ABOUT OUR PANELIST:
Laura Linebach leads the team that operationalizes the organization-wide quality improvement program for L.A. Care Health Plan, the largest public entity health plan in the country with over 1 million members in Los Angeles County. In her role, she leads initiatives and programs related to clinical improvement, service improvement, disease management, and the provider and provider group incentives programs.
||Patient triage via a Nurse Advice Line greatly reduced the number of Medicaid patients presenting in the ER for non-urgent issues.
Linebach has been an R.N, for over 30 years. She is also a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ). She has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing as well as a Master of Arts in History from Avila College, Kansas City, Kan., and a Master of Business Adminstration from the University of Missouri. She has had a wide variety of experiences in healthcare with the last 15 years in managed care. She also spent some time as a Major in the Air Force Reserves as a flight nurse and as the Officer in Charge of the Immunization Clinic.
Cancellation Policy: To receive a refund, notice is required at least seven business days prior to the webinars.
With proper notice, fees are refunded minus a $40 service fee. No refunds are given for cancellations received with less than
seven days notice. The Healthcare Intelligence Network reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a webinar, due to