Special Discount for National Institute of Business Management Members
Like the convenience of receiving a PDF the same business day, but still want a hard copy of this book? Order both versions and save 35 percent!
A focus on wellness is rapidly becoming part of the corporate landscape. Either on their own or with assistance from health plans and community organizations, employers are creating a culture of change: providing on-site opportunities for employees to learn about health issues and engage in healthy behaviors. The obvious benefit of a healthier workforce is reduced healthcare cost, but these initiatives also enhance workforce productivity and reduce absenteeism and work-related injuries.
In Winning at the Wellness Game: Cultivating Wellness Champions Plus 19 Proven Program Promotions, three wellness experts share their most effective promotional strategies for boosting participation in workplace wellness efforts. In addition, this 38-page special report details how organizations are recruiting wellness champions from workforce ranks to promote corporate initiatives. Learn how companies are developing a network of wellness advocates to promote participation without draining the wellness budget.
This report contains tested strategies from wellness experts who presented at February 2006 and July 2006 audio conferences:
- William B. Baun, manager of human resources and wellness at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center;
- Robin Foust, health management specialist and principal, Zoe Consulting;
Aaron M. Hardy, wellness coordinator for the Washoe County School District;
- Michele Housley, wellness program coordinator at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center; and
- Rebecca K. Kelly, corporate wellness coordinator for American Cast Iron Pipe Company (ACIPCO) in Birmingham, Ala.
You'll get details on:
- Recruiting and training wellness champions;
- Managing a team of wellness champions;
- Trends in championing wellness, including peer health educators and conflict resolution;
- Details on promotional strategies to boost participation including creating a corporate wellness culture, the power of employee program ownership, the value of health coaches, water cooler wellness, and much more.
Here's what our customers have said about this resource:
Winning at the Wellness Game: Cultivating Wellness Champions Plus 19 Proven Program Promotions "has given me additional tools to increase top-level support and participation," said Dan Bowman, group leader of customer service and wellness program president at Oberg Tooling Division.
Table of Contents
Engaging and Retaining Wellness Champions from the Top Down
- Wanted: Dependable Doers
- Wellness Champion Responsibilities
- The Trend of Peer Health Educators
- The Notebook Approach to Organization
- The Challenges
- Trends in Championing Wellness
- Foundations of Worksite Wellness Success
- Champion Selection Criteria: Acquiring Believers
- Wellness Champs Welcome Any Time
- Developing an Orientation Program
- Recognition Programs
- Program Expectations
- When a Champ Doesn't Work Out
Q&A: Ask the Experts
Training Wellness Advocates
- Measuring Program Success
- Managing a Team of Wellness Champions
- Sizing Up the Wellness Champ Field
- Putting Champions to Work in the Organization
- Offering Incentives for Dependents
- Claiming Water Coolers for Wellness
- Tying Incentives to Risk Factors
For More Information
About the Presenters
PLUS 19 Proven Promotional Tactics!